We have an expert team of consultants on hand to guide you through the entire process and help you in achieving your portrait masterpiece!
We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the process or pricing by phone, zoom, text or email.
- We discuss your requirements over a phone or video call (approx 5-10 minutes)
- You send us good quality photos as reference material – preferably natural light
- Live sittings are optional
- We give you an exact quote, and then take a deposit (balance due on completion)
- Portraits usually take around 6 weeks to complete
- Video / photos are sent regularly to ensure we exceed your expectations
- You can have calls with the artist at any time during the process
- You can feedback on any adjustments such skin / hair color
- Super high res photos and video sent of final portrait for you to sign off
- Final payment is made only when you are ecstatically happy
- The portrait is shipped by courier to your home after the painting has dried
- Tissues are provided for emotional reactions to the portrait (tears of joy are not unusual!)
- You love the painting so much that you order another to hang elsewhere 🙂
- The artist can even do an exact copy of the painting to hang in a 2nd home
Why Commission a Portrait
For centuries, portrait paintings have been a means of honoring those we love, admire, and cherish. Today, in a world of selfies and snapshots, commissioning an oil painting evokes a long-lasting, timeless quality, which cannot be matched by any other means.
By choosing to invest in an oil portrait, you will have peace of mind that it will look as spectacular as it does today in hundreds of years time and remain a legacy for generations to come.
No matter your level of experience within the art world, having a portrait painted is a wonderful way to commemorate an achievement, thank a loved one and immortalise a special moment to be enjoyed every day, and we are here to guide you through the entire journey.
Choosing an Artist
The world of portraiture is vast and can be overwhelming. Here at The Portrait Agency we have hand selected a talented group of international portrait artists based on their skill, consistency, and passion for creating something truly special.
We often find that our clients are immediately drawn to an artist and connect with their body of works, however, if you need any support or advice in choosing an artist we have a dedicated Commissions Consultant on hand to guide you through this and every other stage to ensure that you get exactly what you are hoping for, taking away any stress or concern.
We will start by getting to know you and asking a few basic questions, such as:
Who is the portrait of? Are you working to a particular size or budget? What style is going to best suit your home? When do you want your portrait completed by?
There is no obligation during these conversations as we are establishing the details and ensuring your chosen artist is the most suitable for the project, guarenteeing an outstanding result.
Based on your requirements the artist will provide you with a quote and agree a timescale.
Leave It To Us
Once you have picked the perfect artist and you’re ready to go ahead, we take a 50% deposit and book in the time with the artist. We’ll regularly communicate with them on your behalf to ensure the brief is understood and you get exactly what you are hoping for. You can contact us with any questions that may come up- we are here for you throughout the entire process.
We will keep you updated throughout this exciting journey and share images and/or videos of the paintings progress.
Enjoy Your New Portrait
Once the artist has completed the painting we will send you a final image of their hard work. We’re confident you will love it and can’t wait to hear your thoughts! If however you do have any concerns or feel any amendments need to be made then just let us know.
At this stage we will take the remaining balance 50% and arrange shipping. This will differ based on your location and the cost will be added to your invoice.
Once the portrait arrives in it’s new home we would love to see a photo!
We know that this is an incredibly special piece and hope it will bring you many, many years of enjoyment.